MTEK Flux Carbon S
impact helmet. Uncompromisingly light.
The high-end carbon helmet from MTEK from the USA. Not only does the helmet look great, the developers at MTEK have put a lot of effort into this helmet. One of the highlights for the wearer: with the Fluxliner you can achieve a perfect fit on the head. The highly acclaimed Shroud from Wilcox keeps night vision devices, lights or action cams stable. The rails are progressively using M‑LOK as the standard. The low weight, the equipment and the well thought-out overall construction enable long, trouble-free wearing times.
The rails on the FLUX helmet offer space for an endless selection of possible accessories and attachments. The rails use the patented Magpul® M‑LOK slots known from long guns. A very sensible use of standard parts. Multiple attachment points are available for routing cables over or around the helmet. The O2 clip connector is compatible with most center release buckles.
The FLUX Carbon S is the first version of the revolutionary FLUX helmet system. This helmet has been specifically designed to offer you the highest level of safety, comfort and modularity currently available in a modern crash helmet. Crafted from high-strength carbon fiber, the lightweight shell features an undercut geometric profile that follows the natural shape of your head for exceptional stability and coverage.
The FLUX Carbon S features a solid carbon fiber shell that gives you maximum, lightweight impact protection. The high-cut edge profile has been designed to be compatible with a wide range of existing communications headsets and accessories. Lightweight polymer retention structures are bonded to the outside of the FLUX shell and provide a secure attachment for the FLUX M‑LOK accessory rails and the Wilcox L4 shroud.
The inner Fluxliner™ provides excellent impact protection and is made from a proprietary shock-absorbing foam. Each helmet comes with two sets of adjustable comfort pads that allow you to customize the interior to your head. The retention system also features Cam-Loc sliders for easy adjustment and a suede chin cup. The ends of the mount feature Inverseclips® for easy detachment and added security.
No screws in the shell.
There are no drilled holes or inserts through the FLUX helmet to weaken the underlying ballistic material. Polymer fasteners replace all the heavy bolts, screws and other steel mounting hardware. Fastener strikes and secondary spalling are no longer an issue. Lightweight retaining structures are bonded directly to the outer shell to allow for accessory rail and shroud removal. The end result is a safer, lighter-weight helmet.
High tensile strength structural adhesive permanently bonds the polymer retaining structures to the outer shell. Maximum surface area between surfaces yield exceptional bond strength and has outstanding performance throughout a wide environmental range.
The suspension and retention are attached to the shell independently of any exterior fasteners. If your mission requires absolute minimum weight this unique feature allows you to strip the FLUX without needing to sacrifice ballistic or impact protection.
Thermoplastic anti-rotation inserts provide you the option to remove your accessory rail if servicing or maintenance is required. Should the total applied force to the accessory rail exceed safety limits, the fasteners will fail, allowing the rail to break away from your helmet shell preventing neck or head injury.
- Total weight: 900 grams
- Carbon fiber shell: 340 grams
- Minimum operating weight: 700 grams
- Overall dimensions: 267 x 241 x 165 mm
carbon fiber shell
- Low weight with high strength and rigidity
- Multi-layer construction for increased rigidity
- 100% screwless (no holes or perforations in the shell)
- Undercut geometry conforms to the natural shape of the head
- Lateral space for communication headsets
- Solid outer shell (Carbon S)
- Durable Mil-Spec CARC paint and epoxy primer
- Available in Coyote, Black, Green and Multicam
FLUX M‑LOK RAILS
- Accepts Magpul® M‑LOK accessories
- Glass fiber reinforced polymer construction
- Low profile with anti-snag design
- Connection to bonded FLUX mounts via anti-rotation nuts
- O2 center release buckle (CRB) slot
- Horizontal and vertical M‑LOK negative mounting surfaces
- Removable spacer for upgradeable protective cover
- Multiple attachment points for routing communications or power cables
- Removable for maintenance or additional weight reduction
- Manufactured using a proprietary shock absorbing foam for superior impact protection
- Multiple comfort pads to customize fit and minimize pressure points
- Moisture-wicking fabric
- Meets ACH impact requirements*
- The design promotes air circulation around the head
- Lower rear mounting points for maximum stability
- Chin cup made of suede offers pleasant comfort
- Cam-Loc sliders for one-handed adjustment and a secure fit
Wilcox Industries L4 Shroud:
- Glass fiber reinforced polymer frame
- Machined anodized aluminum bracket
- Low profile with anti-snag design
Additional scope of delivery
- Velcro® fields for mounting patches, IR strobes and counterweights
- Battle bungees to stabilize night vision devices
- operation manual
- helmet bag